Worldwide Extended Warranty
Worldwide Extended Warranty
We are delighted that you have chosen a Greys carbon fibre rod. For this Worldwide Extended Warranty (WEW) to become effective you must register with us within 60 days of purchase. To ensure immediate cover we recommend using the registration form on this website (click here).
You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration. Alternatively you could register by post or fax using the attached card. We are not able to send individual confirmations for post or fax registrations.
- The WEW applies for the lifetime of the original owner and applies only to the original owner. It is given in addition to your statutory rights under the laws of England and Wales.
- The WEW applies only to all new and current Greys carbon fibre rods purchased from an authorised Greys dealer effective January 2008.
- The WEW does not cover ordinary wear and tear or lost sections.
- A handling charge and a per section charge will apply to each claim. For current charges please contact our customer service department.
- Hardy & Greys Limited reserves the right to alter handling charges without notice.
- Customer must retain original proof of purchase.
How to make a claim
In the event of a claim you can either -
1. Inform your nearest Hardy & Greys Limited approved Agent, who will process your claim. Details of approved Hardy & Greys Limited Agents are available on the website www.greysfishing.com.
2. Send your rod or damaged section(s) together with with payment of the appropriate handling charge, securely packaged to:
Customer Services Department
Hardy North America,
1260 Corporate Drive,
Lancaster PA. 17601.
Be sure to include a brief description of the services requested along with contact information.
You may send your payment by cheque, payable to Hardy & Greys Limited or by credit/debit card, in which case please give us your name as it appears on the card, your card number, 3-digit security code, issue number and expiry date.
Sending Broken Sections
For tip sections, you need only send the bottom 10cm (4ins), for middle sections, the bottom and top 10cm (4ins) and for the butt section, supply the top 15cm (6ins). Hardy & Greys Ltd will match a new replacement to the broken section. When returning broken sections, you must state model, length and line size. Please advise daytime telephone number and daytime delivery address.
- The original owner is responsible for the cost of carriage and insurance of the rod to the Customer Service Department (CSD) of Hardy & Greys Limited or to the distributor of his/her country.
- Return despatch and insurance charges in the UK will be paid by Hardy & Greys Limited.
- Hardy & Greys Limited reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models, at a reasonable charge, with comparable models when necessary.
- The benefit of the WEW may not be assigned or transferred to any other third party.
- Failure to register your WEW within 60 days means the original owner does not have any rights under WEW.
- Goods covered by the WEW will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Hardy & Greys Limited.
- There may be colour/material and specification variations in the replacement sections against the original.
- The WEW does not cover consequential or incidental damages.
- The WEW does not cover lost rod or rod section(s).
- No associated or consequential liability due to use of the rod is accepted by Hardy & Greys Limited.